Fire Call Out 12/03/2012

Posted by Gold FM on 12/03/2012

matamata team

The Waihi Volunteer Fire Service attended 4 call-outs last week.

  • Two were false alarms to the International College on Landlyst Road.
  • One was far more serious. They helped out at Whangamata when a house caught fire due to oil on a stove and a 93 year old man received burns to 60% of his body. He later died in hospital.
  • A fire in a boiler room at a camping ground on Leo Street at Waihi Beach had the Waihi boys out again to assist the Waihi Beach Volunteer Fire Service.

It's great to see our local Waihi Fire Service helping out wherever and whenever they can.

On a lighter note, the competition was fierce at the Auckland Provincial Competition Day which the Waihi Fire Service hosted at Morgan Park on Saturday.

Firemen from Kaitaia to Turangi battled it out to show their prowess to their colleagues from other centres. Over 80 firemen competed and the team from Silverdale took out the 4 man team challenge with Morrinsville winning the 2 man team event.

Chief Fire Officer Moe Stevens gave us the details this morning.

Flash Player

HELP: Nothing showing below? Have an iPad (without Adobe Flash Player)?
Don't miss out - you can still view the content at: podOmatic