Waihi and Waikino water restrictions are likely. Please conserve water where you can now.
✎ Edit Post
Posted December 30, 2019
Here are a few simple tips to save water:
- Turn the tap off while you are brushing your teeth.
- Only use your dishwasher and washing machine when you have a full load.
- Promote shorter showers and shallower baths.
- Use a bowl to scrub vegetables in the kitchen sink. You can pour the water on your plants.
- Keep water in a covered container in the fridge. It saves running the tap to get cold water.
- If the toilet leaks or a tap drips, fix it right away.
- If you have to water the garden, do it in the early morning or evening to reduce evaporation.
- Use a broom instead of the hose to clean paths and driveways.
- Check taps, pipes, and connections regularly for possible leaks.
- If you have rainwater storage, use this supply to water your garden or when you need to wash your car or boat.
- Remind visitors and guests that water supplies are limited.
- When washing your car, boat, trailer, jet ski etc. limit the use of your hose to a quick spray at the beginning then wash using a bucket. A running hose can waste as much as 10 litres of water a minute.