Gold FM

Search results: ''


News / Use of self-contained vehicles for self-isolation

Use of self-contained vehicles for self-isolation

Use of self-contained vehicles for self-isolation

Posted March 25, 2020
Council Matters , Health

Media Release: Thames Coromandel District Council

Thames Coromandel District Council has provided some useful information about the use of self contained vehicles during the COVID-19 lockdown,

Campgrounds are essential services and permitted and encouraged to stay open during Alert Level 4. However, shared facilities must not be used, and owners may wish to close these off where possible.

Self-contained vehicles can be used as accommodation for anyone self-isolating. Self-contained vehicles have a toilet, water and waste facilities and will display a sticker confirming they meet the Self-Containment Standard.

Those using self-contained vehicles to self-isolate are strongly encouraged to stay at commercial camping sites, if available. They must remain at the same site for four weeks or until the Alert Level is reduced.

Department of Conservation campsites will be closed, along with many local council-owned freedom camping spots.

Vehicles that are not self-contained must not be used for self-isolation. Those currently living in vehicles that are not self-contained must find alternative accommodation while New Zealand is at Alert Level 4.

People seeking assistance with finding temporary accommodation for self-isolation should call the Temporary Accommodation Service on 0508 754 163. If you are a visitor or tourist, click here for more information…/covid-19-update-for-visitors-an…/

Police are urging the public to keep 111 for emergency calls rather than concerns about people not self-isolating.

“We understand that COVID-19 is having a significant impact on members of our community, and many people are feeling very anxious and unsettled,” says Superintendent Dave Trappitt, National Manager Communication Centres.

Police stressed to keep the lines free for emergencies only.

If you have concerns regarding people who are not self-isolating, email

All other matters should be reported to police either by online reporting, or by calling 105.