Road closure planned to repair Colville Road dropout
✎ Edit Post
Posted June 11, 2021
Road Info ,
Media Release: Thames Coromandel District Council
A planned closure of Colville Road is scheduled to start from Monday 12 July. The work is expected to take about seven weeks to complete (weather dependent).
The size of machinery needed to repair the road for such a high dropout means the road can’t be kept open to one lane. To complete the repairs in a safe and timely manner, the road will be closed throughout the day to allow contractors to complete the repairs. The road will be open to let traffic through during set times below.
• 7am to 8am – road closed
• 8am to 8.30am - road open
• 8:30 am – 12:30pm – road closed
• 12.30pm to 1pm - road open
• 1pm – 3:15pm – road closed
• 3.15pm to 3.45pm - road open
• 3:45pm – 5pm – road closed
• After 5pm through to 7am the next morning – road open
The road closures will only be in place during weekdays (Monday – Friday) from Monday 12 July. A contingency plan is in place to allow emergency vehicles through if needed