Fly My Pretties studio album coming soon
New Zealand’s favourite musical collective, Fly My Pretties, are set to release The Studio Recordings Part One this October. With a rich history as a live act, this album represents the first studio recordings in their 15 year history, and presents new imaginings of tracks from the back catalogue.
To date, Fly My Pretties have only ever recorded and released live albums, and in a reverse move, now present their first studio album. Recorded over 12 months with 25 total contributors, this is the first in a series of Studio Recordings.
Part One sees Barnaby Weir (The Black Seeds) accompanied by Anna Coddington, Bailey Wiley, A Girl Named Mo, Hollie Smith, LA Mitchell (Terrible Sons), Lisa Tomlins, Adi Dick, Age Pryor, Laughton Kora, Paul McLaney, Rio Hunuki-Hemopo (TrinityRoots), Ryan Prebble (The Nudge), Samuel Flynn Scott (The Phoenix Foundation) & others all contributing their talents.
The Studio Recordings Part One represents one of NZ’s most iconic musical acts in a brand new setting. Ten tracks, a collection of NZ’s finest musicians, and a diverse journey through folk, rock, soul & blues.
Fly My Pretties - The Studio Recordings Part One
- Singing In My Soul (written by Age Pryor)
- Champion (written by Barnaby Weir)
- Quiet Girl (written by Samuel Flynn Scott)
- Apple Heart (written by LA Mitchell)
- Take It From Me (written by Bailey Wiley)
- Bag Of Money (written by Barnaby Weir)
- Get Out (written by Adi Dick)
- It’s Never Blown Like It’s Goin’ (written by Ryan Prebble)
- Garden (written by Anna Coddington)
- Angels (written by Lisa Tomlins)